Announcements
  • Would you like to join the Common Sense staff? Talk to Ms. Vande Sande in room 19.
The student news site of Cedarburg High School

Common Sense

the student newspaper site of Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Common Sense

Common Sense

Forensics advances to District competition

After a few years of competing virtually, the Forensics team has returned to competing in-person for their public speaking competitions.

On Monday, the team traveled to Germantown High School to compete at the Subdistrict level, where they advanced to the next level of competition.

The team will compete Mar. 11 at the District level at Neenah High School. Those who advance to the next level will compete at the WISDDA State Festival Apr. 19 and 20 at UW-Madison.

English teacher Liz Smith, the club’s adviser, is confident that the team is well-equipped this year because many members have past years of experience. She said she predicts that “most [of the team] will place well at State.”

At the beginning of the season, the team took second place at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School. They also competed at Slinger, where the team again performed well in categories such as Play Acting, Storytelling and Radio Announcing.

Sophomore Olivia Milton enjoys Forensics because it allows her to meet people who have similar interests as she does, and it broadens her public speaking skills. “I’m able to hang out at meets with people who enjoy the same things that I do,” she said.

Donate to Common Sense