Announcements
  • Would you like to join the Common Sense staff? Talk to Ms. Vande Sande in room 19.
The student news site of Cedarburg High School

Common Sense

the student newspaper site of Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Common Sense

Common Sense

Trompeter plans for future in coding

Miles+Trompeter
Miles Trompeter

Senior Miles Trompeter’s interest in coding has led him to be a member of the Coding Club. He has won numerous awards, most recently the “Congressional App Challenge” with three other students.

Due to his enjoyment of coding, Trompeter plans to major in Computer Science at either UW-Madison or UW-Platteville.

Besides coding, Trompeter also enjoys camping. A dream trip for him would be to camp at Redwood National Park in California. He said he enjoys camping because it’s the best time to “get away for a little bit” and “appreciate what’s outside.” 

Trompeter also plays doubles on the Varsity tennis team. He has played tennis since he was 7, and he plans to play club while in college. Trompeter said he likes tennis because of the length of a tennis match, which gives the ability to make up for previous mistakes.

Trompeter has enjoyed his high school career, although he said freshman year was “weird” because some students were virtual and the in-person ones were in masks. 

Through all four years of high school, he has played trumpet in the band. Trompeter has taken on multiple leadership roles for both the regular band and jazz band, as section leader and lead trumpet. 

Band director Rachel Stein said, “He is just a total rock star,” because he has a great attitude and is an overall team player.

Donate to Common Sense