Announcements
  • Would you like to join the Common Sense staff? Talk to Ms. Vande Sande in room 19.
The student news site of Cedarburg High School

Common Sense

the student newspaper site of Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Common Sense

Common Sense

Captain leads boys’ soccer into postseason

Alex Cook
HJOHNSON
Alex Cook

Senior Alex Cook is a dedicated soccer player, and has played since he was eight years old. 

With the team heading into the playoffs, he has a lot of responsibilities as the team captain. “It’s a lot of pressure,” he said.

The team faces Grafton tonight in the final conference game. “We’re getting on a hot streak now,” he said. “It’s always a tough game with Grafton. They put up a good fight.” 

The weather could play a role in tonight’s game, he said. “The rain makes it tough.”

As captain, Cook understands the importance of good coaching. Assistant coach Trent Berg “keeps us efficient and disciplined,” he said.

Cook does not plan on playing soccer in college. “I will play club, so it’s competitive but doesn’t really matter,” he said. Cook is looking at UW-Eau Claire, Minnesota, University of St. Thomas and Indiana. 

During the winter, he said he plans on hitting the gym every day, working, and most importantly, playing intramural basketball on Monday nights. Cook plays for The Balls basketball team. 

Cook also works at North Shore Country Club pool during the summer and Sendik’s during the fall and winter. He said he prefers his job at the country club because it’s not as stressful.

Donate to Common Sense