Announcements
  • Would you like to join the Common Sense staff? Talk to Ms. Vande Sande in room 19.
The student news site of Cedarburg High School

Common Sense

the student newspaper site of Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Common Sense

Common Sense

Inspiration from French fashion leads Poplawski to career in teaching

Part-time World Language teacher Sarah Poplawski also serves as the National Honors Society adviser. 

With nine years of teaching experience in Wauwatosa and Illinois, Poplawski has taught all levels, from French 1 through AP French. She also has taught English as a World Language in France.

Her journey to become a French teacher began with her love for fashion. She said she was so passionate about fashion in high school that she joined the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America club. She won a sewing competition at the national level. She decided she wanted to learn the language of a country very involved in the fashion world, which is why she started immersing herself in French. Prior to senior year, she took Spanish classes.

Poplawski graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a degree in French Education. She also studied at the University of Avignon in France for a semester during college. 

Outside of school, Poplawski enjoys going for walks, gardening and doing crafts. She lives with her husband and their 1-year-old daughter Harlow. As a resident of Cedarburg for the past three years, she said she enjoys people’s friendliness.

Donate to Common Sense