Announcements
  • Would you like to join the Common Sense staff? Talk to Ms. Vande Sande in room 19.
The student news site of Cedarburg High School

Common Sense

the student newspaper site of Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Common Sense

Common Sense

Community, district’s ranking appeals to Doro

Paul+Doro
Paul Doro

English teacher Paul Doro teaches Comp./Lit. 10, Honors Comp./Lit.10 and Creative Writing.

Doro received a B.A. in English from Marquette University, an M.A. in Media Studies from DePaul University in Chicago and a Ph.D. in English from UW-Milwaukee, which is what Doro claimed to be his “greatest achievement.”

Previously, he taught in the Milwaukee Public Schools and was a graduate assistant at UW-Milwaukee.

He said working in Cedarburg was appealing to him primarily because the school district is ranked as one of the best in Wisconsin. Doro also enjoys Cedarburg’s popular festivals. He also admires the community.

Outside of school, Doro spends his free time in various ways. He enjoys watching movies and television shows. His favorite TV show is a supernatural drama called “The Leftovers.” He also enjoys trying new restaurants and spending time with his wife and his two children, Garret and Robert.

Another hobby of his is reading. Doro’s favorite author is Stephen King, who is best known for his horror novels. “I am very big on horror,” Doro said, which led him to teaching his very own Horror TV class at UW-M.

Doro said he is happy to be a staff member. He is adapting to his new position and looks forward to getting comfortable teaching here.

Donate to Common Sense